Join us for an in-depth training specifically designed for new Title IX coordinators, deputy coordinators, and other key personnel responsible for ensuring your institution’s compliance. The benefits of our training extend beyond simply satisfying your annual training requirements. Our training is conducted by Higher Education attorneys who regularly advise institutions on all aspects of the sexual misconduct process, from policy drafting, to investigating and adjudicating sexual misconduct cases, through the final resolution of sexual misconduct matters. This firsthand, real world experience will help participants to understand not only the legal requirements but also the practical day-to-day application of related policies and procedures and to navigate the complex issues that arise throughout the sexual misconduct process.
This session will also specifically address the impact and challenges of trauma in navigating the sexual misconduct process. Attendees will have the opportunity to put their training into action as they consider hypothetical scenarios and receive valuable, in-the-moment feedback from Higher Education attorneys.
All participants will receive a certificate verifying completion of the training session.
This training will cover:
• Understanding the legal landscape of:
o Title IX
o VAWA/Clery Act
o Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
o Mandatory reporting laws
• Identifying Title IX Coordinator roles and responsibilities
• Determining key components of legally compliant and effective policies and procedures relating to sexual misconduct
• Overseeing legally compliant and effective investigations and adjudications
• Providing services to victims of sexual violence
• Creating a culture of understanding and preventing sexual misconduct
• Discussion of hypothetical Title IX scenarios