* This event is live and in-person at Hamline University in St. Paul, MN
Join us for an in-depth training specifically designed for Title IX investigators and adjudicators. The benefits of our training extend beyond merely satisfying your annual training requirements. Our training is conducted by Higher Education attorneys who regularly advise institutions on all aspects of the sexual misconduct process, from policy drafting through the final resolution of sexual misconduct matters. Because these attorneys also have extensive experience investigating and adjudicating sexual misconduct cases for institutions, this training incorporates firsthand, real world experience and provides practical guidance on navigating the complex issues that arise during this process.
This session will also specifically address the impact and challenges of trauma in investigating and adjudicating allegations of misconduct. Additionally, attendees will have the opportunity to put their training into action as they work together to investigate and adjudicate a complex sexual misconduct case and receive valuable, in-the-moment feedback from Higher Education attorneys.
Attendees will receive a certificate verifying their completion of the training session.
This training will cover:
• A legal overview of Title IX and VAWA
• The role and responsibilities of Title IX investigators and adjudicators
• Coordinating with law enforcement
• The effects of trauma
• Investigation stages
• Effective investigation strategies and techniques
• Drafting an investigation report
• Discussion of the investigation of a hypothetical case
• Best practices for decision-making
• Drafting a notice of determination
• Adjudication of a hypothetical case
• Special considerations for deciding appeals