Emily Mawer is an attorney with trainED and focuses her practice on higher education and employment matters. She is a member of the investigation team and conducts investigations, including those involving sexual misconduct, for higher education institutions.
Emily also advises colleges and universities on a variety of legal issues, including Title IX, VAWA, the Clery Act, and FERPA. In addition, she represents a wide range of employers in litigation pertaining to labor and employment issues. She also advises employers on compliance issues, helping them to develop practices that minimize their legal risk.
- “Unique Issues in Disability Law: Assistance Animals and Distressed Students,” co-presenter, Association for Christians in Student Development, Wheaton College, June 5, 2019 Speaking Engagement
- “Sexual Harassment: #MeToo Era Updates and Lessons Learned from Higher Education,” Gray Plant Mooty Employment and Labor Law Conference, April 9, 2019 Firm Event
- “Trauma-Informed Sexual Assault Training for Key Personnel,” co-presenter, trainED, February 28, 2019
- “Title IX/VAWA Adjudicator Training,” co-presenter, trainED, January 24, 2019
- “Title IX/VAWA Investigator Training,” co-presenter, trainED, January 23, 2019
- “Title IX Update: Proposed Regulations,” presenter, trainED, November 20, 2018
- “Title IX/VAWA Investigator and Adjudicator Training,” co-presenter, Biola University, California, November 8, 2018
- “Annual Training for Advanced Title IX Coordinators and Deputy Coordinators,” co-presenter, Biola University, California, November 7, 2018
- “Title IX/VAWA Investigator and Adjudicator Training,” co-presenter, trainED, August 8, 2018
- “Title IX/VAWA Investigator and Adjudicator Training,” co-presenter, Hamline University, Minnesota, July 24, 2018
- “Title IX/VAWA Training for Adjudicators,” co-presenter, Saint John’s University, February 26, 2018
- “Complying with NCAA’s Policy on Sexual Violence: Training for Coaches, Athletic Directors, & Athletic Administrators, Part 2” co-presenter, trainED February 22, 2018